This release is a beta preview and as such should not be installed on a primary devices
- Official support for iOS 14.1 and 14.2
- Official support for A10/A10X devices on iOS 14.x
- Limited support for A11 devices on iOS 14.x (Options > Skip A11 BPR check)
- A “Quick Mode” option that makes the GUI/TUI run on a timer and require no button clicks
- Fixes a widespread issue that could cause crashes or hangs at various stages of booting across all devices and iOS versions
- Fixes a kernel patch that made many kexts think the device was in restore mode
- Fixes an issue where the tvOS loader would crash on tvOS 13.x
- Fixes a GUI/TUI issue that would cause failure with A7 devices
- Fixes a GUI/TUI issue where failure to jailbreak could cause memory corruption
- Fixes an issue where the T2 overlay was not being sent in the Linux version
- Ships a vastly updated PongoOS, including:
- Working USB on all SoCs
- A hardware AES driver for all SoCs, providing access to GID keys and more
- Booting with
-p works once again
- Users who used a modified checkra1n build will get a warning popup
- Bootstrapping may fail on fresh installations of tvOS
- On A10/A10X devices running iOS 14, boot may sometimes hang in pongoOS. In that case, reboot the device and retry.
- NVRAM is not unlocked on iOS 14.2
- A7 devices are currently known to not work with the Linux version
- The exploit may not work as reliably on some devices, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux GUI build when using CLI mode doesn’t support auto assertion of DFU mode on advanced Apple TV 4k breakout boards
- As soon as macOS boots it’ll take over the USB connection and disallow communication
- Some users have reported checkra1n crashing when Chinese is set as the only system language. It is unknown whether any other language is affected.
This beta is only available for macOS and Linux. Work is ongoing to support Windows, which will be added in a later release.
At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers, including Zebra and Installer is coming soon and is expected within the coming weeks.