This release is a beta preview and as such should not be installed on a primary device
- Support for iOS 14.5
- Preliminary support for M1 Macs - read the announcement
--force-revert command line option to force rootFS reverting without access to the loader app
- The included binpack has been updated and thinned
- Fixes an issue that caused the loader app to crash on tvOS 12
- Fixes checkra1n crashing on macOS if using a recent MobileDevice framework
- Fixes an issue that could cause the “terminal UI” to crash on Linux
- Fixes an issue where the “terminal UI” could leave the terminal in an unusable state on exit
- The “devhelper” process on Linux is now properly cleaned up on exit
- A11 devices on iOS 14.0 and above require removing the passcode and enabling “Skip A11 BPR check” in the options. This is not recommended, but it’s there.
- A7 devices will currently not work with the Linux version
- The exploit may not work as reliably on some devices, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux GUI build when using CLI mode doesn’t support auto assertion of DFU mode on advanced Apple TV 4K breakout boards
- If you disconnect the cable, then as soon as macOS boots it’ll take over the USB connection and disallow communication with the T2
- Some users have reported checkra1n crashing when Chinese is set as the only system language. It is unknown whether any other language is affected.
This beta is only available for macOS and Linux. Work is ongoing to support Windows, which will be added in a later release.
At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers, including Zebra and Installer is coming soon and is expected within the coming weeks.